SIGIRYA (WORLD HERITAGE SITE)
SIGIRIYA is a “World Heritage Site” and the 5th Century “Fortress in the Sky” which is perhaps the most fantastic single wonder of the Island. It is also known as Lion Rock because of the huge lion that used to stand at the entrance to the Palace on the summit of the 600-foot high rock. On its summit are the foundations of the Royal Palace, Water Tanks to supply water and all other buildings and at the edges the guardhouses. On one of the stairways, the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting survived in the form of Frescoes of 21 life-sized damsels still shining in their original colors. The Water Gardens, Fountain Garden, Summerhouses, Boulder Gardens and the Caves within the enclosed area should not be missed.
- History of Sigiriya
- Sigiriya Rock
- Museum and Frescoes
- Air-conditioned vehicle (join in basis)
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- 01 Bottle of water per passenger
- Service charge & government tax
Days of Operation
Please Contact *minimum of 2 passengers
Major hotels in Colombo (Colombo 01-07) or Negombo City area (Lewis place-Eththukala) or Sigiriya (Colombo/Negombo /Sigiriya) Destinations are Operated Separately for this Tour.
07:30 AM - 8:00 AM
Suitable discreet clothing must be worn for climbing
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Book
- For children: F.O.C for a child under 2 years old, from 2-under 12 years old: 50% applicable charge.
Know Before You Go
- The itinerary may be changed due to weather, unforeseen building closures, tidal and other operating conditions
- During festivals, crowds and queuing may be experienced.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent prior to your departure date and may not be available.
- Print your voucher: find the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail and show this voucher to your guide at tour commencement.
- Please be on time for the pick-up at your hotel.
If your hotel’s location is on the Colombo 01-07 or Negombo – around Lewis place-Eththukala you will be picked up for free at your hotel around 07.00am – 08.00am (please provide your hotel address and the name of the hotel where you will stay at)