Welcome to Myanmar
Myanmar is a diverse, vibrant country just waiting to show you its charms…
Myanmar (formerly Burma) is a Southeast Asian nation of more than 100 ethnic groups, bordering India, Bangladesh, China, Laos, and Thailand. Yangon (formerly Rangoon), the country’s largest city, is home to bustling markets, numerous parks and lakes, and the towering, gilded Shwedagon Pagoda, which contains Buddhist relics and dates to the 6th century.
With its verdant landscape of rugged highlands, soft seas and sweeping rivers, Myanmar is a country that will captivate you like few others. As the country emerges from a long period of isolation, visitors now have the chance to come and experience its wonders for themselves. But there is more to Myanmar than just the landscape. Its rich history, vibrant cultural heritage, and the genuine warmth of the local people are what truly bring it alive.
Yangon (RGN), Mandalday (MDL), Nay Pyi Taw (NYT)
GMT+ 6:30 hours
Myanmar is the official language, although English is widely spoken.
Myanmar Kyat (MMK)
The population of Myanmar is approximately 53,774,162.
E-visas are available for citizens of many countires.
Standard voltage is 220-240. It is advisable to bring a universal adaptor.
Myanmar Fun Facts
- Myanmar locals have only first names, no surnames…and they are normally named after the day they were born (the first consonant at least), so many Burmese people have the same name, as there are only 7 days in a week
- Thanaka – a cosmetic paste made from the bark of selected trees, is widely worn on the faces of women, it is said to keep skin smooth and protect against sun damage and been happening for at least 2,000 years.
- In the 1930’s Myanmar ran out of Burmese cats! However, they have now been re-introduced from the US.
- Yangon is not the capital – Nay Pyi Taw is the shiny new capital since 2006, it’s round 320 kilometers from Yangon.
- Burmese love their betel leaf, specifically, kwunya: betel leaves wrapped around areca nut with tobacco and cloves, it stains the mouth red and can lead to tooth decay and oral cancer but …the practice predates recorded history!
Our Recommended Hotels
We work with a variety of different properties ranging from boutique hotels to glamping by a secluded river, or a traditional five-star hotel focused on quality delivery.
Myanmar is definitely a 'touring' destination and its all about the views here....be it hotel with a rooftop cocktail platform overlook Shwedagon Pagoda, an Inle Lake sunset balcony you are after, a Bagan pagoda sunset vista or a just secluded beach with no one around.... we can find you accommodation exactly where you want to be.
Whether you prefer a boutique hotel full of history and ambiance, glamping by the sea, or a brilliant modern hotel, we have accommodation to match your personal style in all locations.
Our extensive portfolio of accommodation provides you with a wider selection of choices for your enjoyment. More importantly, with the leverage we enjoy as one of the most established destination management companies in Asia, we are able to offer highly competitive rates.
Tour East Myanmar
Myanmar evokes the senses for a journey embracing ancient cultures, connections with warm and friendly people and embracing extraordinary experiences and memorable journeys. Our international team of travel professionals is passionate about delivering all of that and more whether to explorers, individual luxury travelers or indeed MICE event organizers alike.
Bank Name: Mizuho Bank Ltd
Address: Level 4, Sedona Business Suite, No1 11082 Yangon, Myanmar
Account Number: F10719100543
Swift Code: MHCBMMMY
Thomas Kyaw Min Htin
Global Inbound Manager