Glimpse of Colombo
Despite being the business and commercial city in Sri Lanka, Colombo gives a charming and laid back with plenty of things to see on a city break. Colombo was only a small seaport, which came into prominence in the 16th Century with the arrival of the Portuguese in 1505 and the development of it as a major Harbor took place during the British period. The remains of the buildings during the period of the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule are found in every area of the city. None of the Portuguese & Dutch fortifications are found today but some of their buildings and churches could be seen in the Fort & Pettah areas. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street – the Goldsmith’s quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area where there is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings, the Kayman’s Gate with the Belfry at the original gate to enter the Fort, the Dutch Church of Wolfendhaal dating back to 1749, Kelaniya Buddhist Temple dating to 6th C.B.C.
The best attractions in Colombo including Davatagaha Mosque, Galle face green, Colombo Museum and the Natural History Museum are some of the sites to be visited. Also, visit the BMICH (Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall), see the replica of Avukana Buddha in front and the Independence Memorial.
- Colombo City Overview.
- Colonial bundling and history.
- Galle Face Green / Mosque / Temple / Church
- Air-conditioned vehicle (join in basis)
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- 01 Bottle of water per passenger
- Service charge & government tax
Days of Operation
Please Contact *minimum of 2 passengers
Major hotels in Colombo Area
8:10 AM - 8:30 AM
Suitable discreet clothing must be worn for entry into religious sites.
- Other drinks & refreshments not stated
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Book
- For children: F.O.C for a child under 2 years old, from 2-under 12 years old: 50% applicable charge.
Know Before You Go
- The itinerary may be changed due to weather, unforeseen building closures, tidal and other operating conditions.
- During festivals, crowds and queuing may be experienced.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent prior to your departure date and may not be available.
- Print your voucher: find the voucher in your travel confirmation e-mail and show this voucher to your guide at tour commencement.
- Please be on time for the pick-up at your hotel.
- If your hotel’s location is on the Colombo 01-07 you will be picked up for free at your hotel around 08.00am – 08.30am (please provide your hotel address and the name of the hotel where you will stay at).