Shwedagon Pagoda Afternoon Tour
Shwedagon Pagoda is Myanmar’s most iconic building and revered religious site. Believed to contain relics of the four previous Buddhas of the present Kalpa, including the staff of Kakusandha, the water filter of Koṇagamana, a piece of the robe of Kassapa, and eight strands of hair from the head of Gautama.
The collection will be from your hotel at around 4pm depending on sunset time, and during transportation, to the entrance of this magnificent structure, you will learn its incredible history. The evening is undoubtedly the best time to visit the Shwedagon as when the sun goes down the golden glow of the 99meter high stupa casts a spell over the entire city.
You will be following in the footsteps of Rudyard Kipling who visited in 1889 and later wrote: ‘Then, a golden mystery upheaved itself on the horizon, a beautiful winking wonder that blazed in the sun, of a shape that was neither Muslim dome nor Hindu temple-spire.’ During your visit, you will have the chance to ask about your future with a local fortune teller in the pagoda. Tour includes 2 hours within the pagoda.
- Afternoon walking tour at Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon
- Experience the religious activities of Buddhism including monks, nuns, and citizens
- Explore the cultural handicrafts at the pagoda
- Visiting fortune tellers and donating the monks and nuns
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Experienced guide
- Fortune tellers and donation fees
- Water bottle & Snow Towel
- Personal Expenditures
- Other drinks and refreshments