Thai Cooking Class in Khao Lak
Spend some time in the kitchen of a Thai chef, learning how to create perfectly balanced dishes imbued with the fragrant spices and herbs typical in Thai cuisine. On this hands-on lesson, take a trip to the market to pick out ingredients, then help prepare a variety of dishes for a tasty lunch.
Catch a ride from your Khao Lak hotel and make your way to a local market with your guide, chatting about the day’s recipes as you drive. When you arrive, help pick out bright produce and fresh proteins, including prawns and chicken, to use back in the kitchen. Wander past vocal vendors and spice merchants as you fill your shopping bags, learning how to pick out the freshest ingredients along the way.
In the kitchen, lend a hand chopping, mixing, and prepping each component of your meal. Mix together the dough for fresh egg noodles, learn to fry pawns and cashews, and practice whipping up a creamy Panang curry with coconut milk. After everything is prepared, sit down with your guide and chef to dive into your tasty dishes and chat more about techniques you can practice back home.
- A chance to prepare 3 different dishes of homestyle Thai food
- An engaging visit to take in sights & scents of a local market
- Lessons detail the art of Thai cooking & fruit carving
- Delicious lunch featuring the dishes you helped create
- Recipes to keep & to try at home for your family & friends
- Guided cooking class
- 3-course lunch
- All necessary ingredients, equipment, and recipes
- Live commentary provided in English
- Extra beverages
- Children 11 and younger are not allowed.
- At least 4 people are required for this tour to take place.
- Maximum group size is 8 people.
- You do not need previous cooking experience.
- This venue is not wheelchair accessible.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Khao Lak hotels and from Phuket for an additional surcharge, payable on the day of your activity. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.