A perfect tour for those who are short on time and want to do the 'must-sees' in southern Vietnam in one day. This full day combines history both outside the city and within. Travel to Cu Chi to learn about the complex underground system that played an important part in the Vietnam War before heading back to the city for an afternoon to see the city’s top attractions.
Set off for a one-and-a-half-hour drive to Cu Chi, a suburban area outside of Ho Chi Minh City. Entering the Cu Chi Tunnels complex, learn about the expansive underground network that was created during the war. With everything from kitchens to hospitals, supply routes, food and weapons caches, and living quarters all connected through an intricate system, the tunnels were home to the Viet Cong.
Spend time underground in the tunnels to feel the cramped spaces firsthand and walk past bomb impressions whose deep crevices still remain today as a reminder of the harrowing war. After visiting the tunnels, we transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City, stopping for a local Vietnamese lunch once back within the city limits before we tour the city.
- Explore the undergrounds of the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Learn how thousands of Vietnamese guerillas lived and fought during the war.
- Visit the Reunification Palace and War Remnants Museum.
- Introduction to the French-colonial architecture of Ho Chi Minh City
- Air-conditioned tourist buses join on a regular basis.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- 1 bottle of water per passenger
- Service charge and government tax
- Other drinks and refreshments are not stated.
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- Gun shooting