It’s an early start this morning as you head to the Pyin Oo Lwin Train Station, where you will board one of the world’s greatest train rides with your guide.
This tour is a great way to transfer from Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw or for a day of sightseeing in Pyin Oo Lwin. The train line from Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw passes through the hills of Shan State, over cascading rivers, and along the famous Gotyeik viaduct. The rail line was constructed as a way for the British Empire to expand their influence in the region, and the construction project was overseen by Sir Arthur Rendel, an engineer for the Burma Railroad Company.
The bridge was constructed in 1899 and completed in 1900 by Pennsylvania and Maryland Bridge Construction; at the time, it was considered a world masterpiece. It was the highest bridge in Myanmar at the time it was finished and the largest railway trestle in the world. The rail journey takes about 4 hours, and after disembarkation, you will enjoy a traditional local lunch before being taken back to Mandalay.
- Experience the exciting railroad crossing over a ravine
- Enjoy the mountainous region of Shan State
- Include lunch at the local restaurant
- Highlights on adventure and nature travel
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Train Ticket
- Experienced guide
- Water bottle and snow towel
- Other drinks and refreshments
- Personal Expenditure